A Gala on the occasion of the Social Action Day of TDJ was held in the International Congress Centre in Katowice on Tuesday, i.e. 21 November. During this event, the word 'business' was only used in the context of corporate social responsibility as the TDJ companies summarised this year's CSR projects.
'Mineral resources in Poland’s economic strategy – how to mine, how to acquire, how to save in the era of sustainable development? - this is the slogan of the 4th Polish Mining Congress that will be held on 20-22 November 2017 in Krakow. Scientists and representatives of the mining industry from all over Poland that were invited to take part in the debate will discuss the most important issues in the sector. FAMUR SA is one of the partners of this event.
For us, Activity Mine was an unusual project. It was not only because for the first time we carried out such a big social initiative which furthermore merged two business competitors at the time. Primarily, however, it made it possible to conduct five campaigns for the benefit of children and young people from local communities!
The aim of the Activity Mine was to increase the involvement of people employed in the mining industry in life of local communities. Two largest Polish manufacturers of mining machinery – FAMUR and Kopex – were involved in the project, accompanied by three aid organizations: TDJ Foundation, ‘Chcemy Pomóc’ Association and ‘Rzecz Społeczna’ Foundation. The initiative was financially supported by the Ministry of Family, Labour and Social Policy.
10 volunteers were recruited from among the employees of the two mining companies being competitors at the time (at present, KOPEX is a part of the FAMUR Group). The volunteers completed a series of training sessions in order to gain skills required to implement their own projects. They could rely on a constant mentoring of experienced community leaders.
– Even the smallest pro-social initiatives can trigger something big – they can encourage action and support. With this in mind, we started the Activity Mine project. We have tried to share knowledge with the participants on how to effectively plan and organize civil campaigns – assessed Janusz Gorol of TDJ Foundation, being one of the Activity Mine’s partners.
As a result of the Activity Mine, 5 mini projects for children and young people were initiated by the staff of Kopex and Famur:
1. ‘Music of Angels’ (‘Muzyka Aniołów’) – a gospel workshop and a concert organized together with the pupils of ‘Dom Aniołów Stróżów’ (‘House of the Guardian Angels’) Association in Katowice.
2. ‘You are important’ (‘Jesteś ważny’) – sports and fun activities for children from an orphanage in Gliwice.
3. ‘Sporty Kids’ (‘Sportowe dzieciaki’)- fun activities to celebrate Children’s Day for the families of Famur employees and the children cared for by the community day care centre in Katowice.
4. ‘Safe car seat’ (‘Bezpieczny fotelik’) – a festival promoting the principles of safe travel by car among preschoolers and their parents in Zabrze.
5. ‘Paint the world for children’ (‘Pokoloruj dzieciom świat’) – support for the campaign of painting the outpatient unit of a pediatric hospital in Katowice.
|Duration:||July 2016 – November 2017|
|Range of the campaign:||Silesian Voivodeship|
|Partners of the campaign:||FAMUR, KOPEX, TDJ Foundation, ‘Chcemy Pomóc’ Association, ‘Rzecz Społeczna’ Foundation,|
The Activity Mine project was implemented with the support of the Operational Programme Civic Initiatives Fund of the Ministry of Family, Labour and Social Policy.
News about the project:
FAMUR SA was ranked first in the Brand category of 'There is no future without entrepreneurship' ('Nie ma przyszłości bez przedsiębiorczości') contest, organized by the editors of Dziennik Gazeta Prawna daily newspaper. The winners are the companies that in a particular way contribute to the development of the national economy.
The FAMUR Group was not only a part of the largest stand at the MINEX 2017 mining fair in Izmir, but it also put an emphasis on a diverse presentation of its offer. The visitors were given an opportunity both to see the real machinery and to learn more about our portfolio by means of computer applications.
FAMUR SA will provide a longwall system to the Tentekskaya mine in Kazakhstan. This is another order that will be fulfilled by the Polish company for the JSC ArcelorMittal Temirtau group. The expected date of delivery is the first half of 2018. The contract value will be approx. PLN 81,000,000.
FAMUR SA will provide the mining company Przedsiębiorstwo Górnicze "SILESIA" with yet another longwall system. Delivery of machinery and equipment, along with installation, is scheduled to take place by the end of the second quarter of 2018. The value of the order is approx. PLN 62.6 million.
On 18 September of the current year the Tauron Wydobycie company symbolically handed over the construction site for the construction of the Grzegorz shaft for the Sobieski coal mine in Jaworzno to the Consortium of Kopex-PBSz and FAMUR PEMUG. The investment will be carried out on the basis of the agreement concluded on 15 May of the current year. The completion of works and achievement of full functionality of the new shaft are planned for 2023.
During the International Fair of Mining, Power Industry and Metallurgy 'KATOWICE 2017', the FAMUR and KOPEX brand made the first joint presentation of a broad portfolio of products and services. This history-making event for the company is part of the ongoing consolidation of the Polish mining-related industry.