The quality of materials
The quality of materials – a determinant of reliability
The quality of materials as well as properly selected and performed thermo-chemical treatment processes determine the reliability of the manufactured components. We have two technological lines of pit furnaces intended for heat and thermo-chemical treatment, in particular normalization, quenching and tempering, tempering, carburizing and hardening procedures.
The material testing laboratory, located at the heat treatment department, provides activities in the field of:
• confirming the correctness of the heat treatment process,
• chemical composition verification,
• micro and macro structure assessment,
• hardness measurement,
• carburizing depth control,
• verification of possible cracks and microcracks with non-destructive methods.